HOW ARE THEY USED?
- Magic mushrooms are either eaten raw, mixed with food, or brewed into a tea. They can be eaten fresh or dried for later use.
- There is no predictable way of estimating the amount of psilocybin in each mushroom. The amount is determined by the strain, size and age of the mushroom.
- Starting with a small amount before deciding to take more can prevent having too strong a trip, and minimize the chance of being poisoned from the wrong type of mushroom.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS?
- At low doses, magic mushrooms produce feelings of relaxation, not dissimilar to those of cannabis.
- Users often report laughing a lot and finding things funnier than they would normally.
- At higher doses, the experience is closer to that of LSD, intensifying colors and producing visual hallucinations and feelings of euphoria.
- A mushroom "trip" tends to last about four to five hours.
- Users often report the mushroom experience to be more "earthy" than other psychedelics, increasing emotional awareness and causing less psychological confusion.
- Many users find the mushroom experience to be spiritually significant while others find it frightening.